Welcome to Selangor Floorball Association's Official Blog !

Friday, November 23, 2012

SFA Player Interview: Terence (Salibandy!Co.)

Recently, I have spoken to the 2-time best forward of the Selangor Floorball League, Terence (Salibandy!Co.) prior to the upcoming season. I have known Terence since seeing him playing floorball for the first time at Tunku Abdul Rahman College (TARC). As everyone know, Terence is known for his hard shots and agility to get past defenders and also his killer instinct in front of goals. He has scored the most goals for Salibandy!Co. in SFL 2010/2011 and 2011/2012. He is definitely one of the brightest talents in Malaysian floorball.

Terence (above) with his 'Best Forward' award in SFL 2011/2012 (Source: Facebook)

Interview:
Jethro: Hi Terence, first and foremost, congratulations in picking up two Best Forward awards for two seasons in a row. What has motivated you the most in achieving such a prestigious award?

Terence: Since I started floorball, I have always wanted to improve myself to play better so that one day I could really represent Malaysia and win some medal. So this goal has been motivating me since I've been playing floorball for 3 years. Thank God that I could achieve such prestigious award and the hard work I have been training.

Jethro: As the league will be splitting into two conferences for the new season, what is your view on this? And also Conference A being sort of a "group of death", is this going to be an advantage to Salibandy!Co.?


Terence: I think that after splitting into 2 conference, there will be fewer matches and no chance competing with all the teams compared to last season because the team cannot face the opponent in the other conference. Yeah, I agree Conference A is being sort of "group of death", so luckily Salibandy!CO is not in Conference A but I wish whoever in Conference A 'all the best in your upcoming matches'.

Jethro: I was told that Salibandy!Co. will be branching out to TARC Salibandy and Charis Angel with most of your current players are the coaches, what was the deciding factor for the club to branch it out?

Terence: Floorball is still consider a new sport so it need to be spread out to the people who have never heard or played before. So when Salibandy!Co is branching out, new teams are formed and there will be more people joining the team to play floorball which we love so much.The other factor is the junior player of Salibandy!Co. must not rely on the senior players too much, if not the junior will not grow. By branching out, they will have their own team and start playing as one.

Jethro: Who is your favourite player? and Why?

Terence: My favorite player is Mika Kohonen because he is the best floorball player in the world. He is a Finnish floorball player and I've seen his videos on how he controls, dribbles and shoots which really impressed me.

Jethro: What is your goal/objective for the coming season?

Terence: My goal for the coming season is continue to be the best forward in Selangor and I would like to learn more things throughout this league so that one day I could really help Malaysia shine.

Jethro Who, in your honest opinion, will be the team to watch in Conference A and B?

Terence: In Conference A will be the mighty 'Subang Rascals' while in Conference B will be 'GMI White Knights'.

Jethro: What is your suggestion in building floorball for the future in Malaysia?

Terence: Firstly, we must have a proper court to begin with, then I would suggest that we could branch out so that more people could know what floorball is and join us. Secondly we must have proper training on physical and technical so that when we train, we know what we lack of, then only we will continue improving our weakness and learn from the mistakes.Thirdly we should have more friendly matches with different people from different places, by playing with them, you will know how the playing style they use or what strategies they used so that we can counter them next time when we meet in competition.

Jethro: Okay Terence, thank you for your time.

Terence: Thank you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment